ecommerce solutions ensure you're open for business 24/7
With our ecommerce development solutions your website becomes an important business tool, allowing you to trade 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, as well as extending access to a global market.
In its very simplest form, ecommerce can consist of a small website with just a few pages advertising goods or services, together with a downloadable order form which can be mailed to the supplier with payment. However, advancements in technology have altered the way that customers purchase information, products and services. Ecommerce is the way of the future, providing a media for selling and buying that improves business profitability and the buying experience through 24 hour electronic business.
An ecommerce enabled website can provide many benefits, among them:
- Increased sales
- Increased profits
- Expanded markets – with a website you have global access
- Niche marketing – search engines and directories enable you to access niche markets
- Decreased sales costs – less marketing and promotional material necessary, lower cost of processing orders, less time handling customer queries (if the information is clearly provided online), better inventory management
- Improved customer service levels
- Immediate response to changing markets
- Up to date sales collateral – web site prices can be updated as necessary unlike printed collateral
In order to remain competitive in today’s fast moving market, businesses have to adapt to accommodate consumers changing expectations. E-commerce sites must generate trust for the user and make the process of purchasing your goods or services as easy as possible.
There are two main elements to the ecommerce component of your business. They are:
- Creating a shopping environment, i.e. a shopping cart or order form whereby potential customers can select products/services to purchase on-line.
- Ensuring that customer information, orders and payments are transmitted securely from the customer, via the site, to the merchant.
By selling online you’ll reach prospects that you never knew you had and for the many shoppers who dread the thought of traffic, parking and checkout queues, shopping from home is the only alternative.